The splendid villa, with origins in the seventeenth century, rises within the nucleus
of Mozzecane, in a privileged position at the intersection of the road that connects
Mantua to Verona and that leading to Valeggio sul Mincio.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, the Vecelli family acquired the Villa
belonging to the Montresor family, and entrusted the project for its restoration to
Adriano Cristofoli, an exponent of Veneto Neo-Classicism.
The family immediately wanted to give life to a magnificent building
that would be on par with the villas of the time.
In 1811 ownership of the Villa passed to the Cavriani of Mantua, during which is
achieved its maximum notoriety, even hosting the King of Naples.
During Austrian domination, the building was used
first as a barracks and subsequently as a hospital.
The Villa was then abandoned and totally degraded.
Only with the massive interventions of the new owners
has it been returned today to its original splendor.